The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America’s Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for all positions at the University of Pennsylvania. New hires are expected to be fully vaccinated before beginning work at the University. For more information about Penn’s vaccine requirements and the use of Penn Open Pass, visit the Penn COVID-19 Response website for the latest information.
Posted Job Title
Senior Content Producer, Marketing
Job Profile Title
Communications Specialist Senior
Job Description Summary
The Sr. Content Producer – Marketing is a member of the Marketing & Communications team and focuses on all sources of communication with our audience from from prospective student/point of inquiry to point of application. This person should have a deep understanding of brand voice, storytelling, and how to shape and extend an existing brand narrative to create inbound marketing content that attracts and retains relationships with different audiences (prospective students, guidance counselors, parents, and educators). This role will create and support all strategies and content related to the identification, targeting, and recruitment of high potential high school and transfer students who are evaluating their college options, and will create exciting and unique messaging campaigns and processes that engage prospective students, families, and college counselors as they discover Penn. They will partner across the M&C team, with Admissions Officers and recruitment leadership to conduct research and acquire insights that give them an expert-level understanding of the experiences and perspectives of prospective college applicants, and will use these insights to tell Penn’s story to prospective students in a way that is relevant, approachable, and inventive. They will play a key role in educating the Admissions Office about these insights through internal trainings and workshops.
The Sr. Content Producer – Marketing will collaborate across the office with Admissions Officers and within the M&C Team to:
- Develop, write, improve, and implement content especially related to student stories, landing pages, email SEARCH campaigns, email marketing, scripts for presentations (online and in-person), and print related to prospective students and families, as well as guidance counselors.
- Use content to grow the team’s inbound marketing capabilities. Work with the Data Analyst, Graphic Designer, and Web Developer to create the design templates, landing pages, calls-to-action and content that will power a rich and targeted inbound marketing strategy.
- In collaboration with the Web Developer and Data Analyst create content that has measurable results and use that content to optimize nurture tracks that convert leads to engaged constituents. Develop documentation and road maps for communications processes, A/B tests, and promotions with a focus on driving prospects to inquiries and inquiries to applicants.
- Manage and develop the Penn Admissions Social Media Manager to ensure the social media strategy aligns with and enhances the overall inbound marketing plan.
Bachelor’s degree. Degrees in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Media, or Public Relations preferred. A deep commitment to issues of access and inclusion within higher education, and an understanding that these are essential lenses through which every project and work product created by our office must be viewed. Outstanding writing skills and the ability to understand and alter tone appropriately for different audiences. 4-6 years of experience working within communications. Must have a desire and passion to find new ways to engage and share Penn stories with our audiences. Deep knowledge and understanding – and interest in – communications best practices across different mediums including email marketing, print, and digital communications. Ability to lead, plan, develop, and implement projects / programs that deliver on priorities and the communication skills and collaborative spirit to maintain relationships while also redirecting interest if a project is not viable or aligned with priorities. Vision to establish measurements and success metrics and to teach others to understand and value this data.
Business writing and creative writing experience strongly preferred. Higher education experience preferred but not required; those coming from outside of higher ed should be prepared to both demonstrate a strong curiosity about the industry, and be comfortable teaching and generating enthusiasm for communications best practices and tactics that come from outside of higher ed.
A Cover Letter and Resume/CV are required to be considered for this position. Please upload your Cover Letter where it asks you to upload your Resume/CV; multiple documents are allowed.
Budgeted Pay Range:
$65-80K commensurate with education and experience.
Job Location – City, State
Department / School
$61,046.00 – $95,972.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family’s health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn’s exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn’s Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family-whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you’re newly hired, you won’t have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That’s why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University’s libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There’s always something going on at Penn, whether it’s a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you’re right in the middle of the excitement-and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you’ll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennH R/benefits-pay
To apply for this job please visit wd1.myworkdaysite.com.