The Office of Digital Education lives at the intersection of education and technology. As innovators, it is our goal to actively evolve the ways in which programs are designed, delivered and engaged with. We are passionate about improving access to education and connecting learners of all types with high-quality online degree programs and professional development opportunities. We are reimagining the ways a university supports online learning, faculty development and the implementation of technology. As a result, our work has the power to transform the way our world’s learners interact with education as well as the way educators connect with students.
The University of Colorado (CU) System Administration brings together administrative departments and services centers that provide guidance and services to all of CU’s campuses: CU Boulder, CU Colorado Springs, CU Denver, and CU Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora. As part of CU System Administration, the Office of Digital Education (ODE) is committed to the success of all four campuses as we work to increase access to education for working adults and non-traditional students through high quality online degree offerings.
The Office of Digital Education (ODE) Marketing & Communications department is seeking a dynamic, innovative, results oriented Director of Lead Generation to support CU Online paid digital efforts and campaigns for various marketing channels. As we scale, the Director will specifically be responsible for building a team that consists of pay-per-click (PPC) management, lead aggregation, social, in-app advertising, and other units. In addition, the Director will manage the planning and execution of a multi-million-dollar media plan across vastly different media platforms including paid search, social, traditional, TV, and other digital channels towards the objective of optimizing return on investment (ROI) and meeting online enrollment goals.
This position reports to the Assistant Vice President of Marketing & Communications and is exempt from the State of Colorado Classified Staff system.
Duties & Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Own the holistic view of our paid and organic lead generation functions while defining clear key performance indicators (KPIs) across the marketing funnel that enable the team to clearly gauge quality and qualified leads.
- Oversee, manage, and maximize returns on all paid media initiatives managed internally and externally.
- Oversee performance tracking and calibration on a daily basis to drive decision-making around budget allocations and forecasts and ensure that spending is appropriately allocated to tactics with optimal returns and efficiency.
- Test and grow new acquisition channels and activities to improve overall marketing campaigns and efficiency, while driving a culture of innovation, constant optimization and testing.
- Partner with internal marketing account management and creative team members to develop strong messaging and storytelling and to create new campaigns and achieve desired campaign goals.
- Translate objectives and strategies into tactical recommendations and project plans.
- Manage relationships with key external partners including media, agencies, and affiliates.
- Responsible for partnering with key stakeholders and leading a team with the objective of optimizing ROI and meeting online enrollment goals.
- Build, grow, supervise, coach, mentor and lead a team that consists of PPC management, lead aggregation, social, in-app advertising, and other related functions.
- Manage the planning and execution of a multi-million-dollar media plan.
- Stay knowledgeable on key market trends and best digital marketing practices.
- Other tasks, projects, and duties as assigned.
Who we are: System Administration, which also houses the Office of the President, is located in the uptown neighborhood of Denver with a few smaller offices located on the campuses. However, this position has the ability to work remotely. Many of our departments support the educational and research missions of the four University of Colorado campuses, but System Administration is not considered a campus. We provide diverse opportunities for professional development, innovation, and collaboration with talented staff and faculty. Learn more about CU System Administration.
The University of Colorado has been proactive in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. You can visit our COVID-19 webpage for more information.
What we offer:
Salary: The salary range has been established at $120,000-$125,000.
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.
The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
Benefits: The University of Colorado offers an excellent benefits package including:
- Medical: Multiple plan options
- Dental: Multiple plan options
- Additional Insurance: Disability, Life, Vision and Wellness
- Retirement 401(a) Plan: Employer contributes 10% of your gross pay
- Paid Time Off: Accruals over the year
- Vacation Days: 22
- Sick Days: 15
- Holiday Days: 10
- Tuition Benefit: System employees have the benefit on all campuses
- ECO Pass: RTD Bus and light rail service
- Additional Perks & Programs: Click here to access a few more Perks and Programs
Click here to access our Total Compensation Calculator to see what your total rewards could be at CU. This position is a University Staff position.
Additional taxable fringe benefits may be available.
More information on benefits programs, including eligibility, is available at www.cu.edu/employee-services/.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA’s)
To be successful in this position, candidates will need the following:
- Proven ability in managing large advertising budgets
- Excellent functional skills including financial modeling, forecasting, project management and leadership
- Demonstrated success in developing new strategies, building business cases, gaining internal/external support, and driving implementation, coupled with a track record of solid decision making
- Proficiency with metrics and data for mobile and online consumer businesses
- Knowledge of the intersection of online marketing channels-including affiliate, organic, paid, social, lead gen, landing pages- and how they fit together and can be leveraged for marketing campaigns
- Deep knowledge leading paid search (SEM) efforts
- Proven ability to A/B test ads and landing pages and key factors in optimization
- Highly developed analytic thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple concurrent projects with moving targets
- Demonstrated commitment to advancing diversity and inclusion
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education, or equivalent professional experience (professional experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis)
- Six (6) years of leadership experience in marketing and media, with at least five (5) years of experience in the paid search industry
- Three (3) years of experience in a lead, managerial, or supervisory role, which includes driving individuals toward improvement and higher performance
- Google AdWords Certification
- Bachelor’s or post-baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution of higher education in marketing, advertising, business, or other field of study related to the work performed
- Nine (9) years of related marketing and media experience, preferable with experience in multiple media areas including paid search, social, digital, mobile, lead aggregators, and other lead generating channels
- Four (4) years of experience in a managerial or supervisory role
- Experience with three (3) or more of the following:
- Experience working within higher education and higher education marketing programs
- Experience working within a marketing agency setting
- Experience directly managing advertising campaigns on Google Search, Google Display, Facebook/Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat, Spotify and other platforms
- Experience working with analytics teams on granular program tracking and performance dashboard creation
- Experience managing a media budget of a minimum of $1m+
- Experience managing a team of five (5) or more marketers
- Google Analytics Individual Qualification
- Bing Ads Accreditation Certification
Special Instructions to Applicants : For full consideration completed applications must be submitted by 9/17/2021. Reference checking is a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including email addresses, for up to five references as part of the search process for this position. *Please note: All application materials must be submitted through CU Careers; emailed materials will not be considered.* The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that a verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment. We are committed to an inclusive and barrier-free search process. We provide accommodations for applicants requesting accommodation through the search process such as alternative formats of this posting. Individuals with disabilities in need of accommodations throughout the search process should contact the ADA Coordinator at: email@example.com.
Application Materials Required : Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions : You must attach a cover letter, resume, and references to your application as three separate documents. Please identify the job specific minimum qualifications you possess in your cover letter and be sure your resume includes any and all relevant experience to be accurately assessed against the qualifications listed in the posting. Also, ensure you check the “Job Specific Attachments” box next to each document on the “Required Documents” page of the application for the appropriate documents to be attached.
Job Category: Communication
Department: S0001 — System Administration – 50079 – Office of Digital Education
Posting Date: Sep 3, 2021
Closing Date: Ongoing
Contact Name: SystemHR
Contact Email: Systemhr@cu.edu
Posting Number: 00788294
To apply for this job please visit cu.taleo.net.