Digital Communications Coordinator
Arizona State University
The Graduate College at ASU is looking for a dynamic and skilled Digital Communications Coordinator. Working under the direction of the of the Director of Marketing and Communications, the Digital Communications Coordinator is part of a collaborative team which develops and implements the Graduate College’s communication strategies in a fast-paced environment.
Under general direction, the Digital Communications Coordinator will work as a part of a team to build strategies for social media and email marketing, as well as developing editorial and marketing content for social media channels, marketing emails, the Graduate Insider blog and newsletter, website, events, programs, and other materials for a variety of projects as assigned. This content will effectively inform, market and disseminate information, and promote the college’s activities to internal and external constituents including faculty, staff, students, alumni, donors, and the community, as well as peer institutions.
$32,976 – $45,800 per year; DOE
- Working closely with the Communications Specialist, plans, develops, and implements communications projects and programs for the unit to ensure consistency in message and support of goals and objectives, and advises staff and other decision makers on effective marketing communications.
- May act as backup or provide assistance with Graduate College events.
- Processes website content requests and helps to oversee content for the web site; ensures timeliness of all information, and coordinates content updates with unit staff.
- Researches and maintains a solid understanding of industry best practices and trends with a primary focus on digital communications like blogging, social media and email marketing.
- Helps to plan and promote college events by creating promotional social media and email marketing campaigns and pitching in when needed on logistics.
- Writes stories for ASU News and blog posts for the Graduate Insider as needed.
- Assists in the development and distribution of the monthly Graduate Insider email.
- Shares published materials strategically on social media channels.
- Assists in planning, development and production of creative, high-quality and cost-effective communications for Graduate College audiences (e.g., faculty, staff, students, donors, prospective students, and the general public) using multiple media channels and tools (e.g., email, blog posts, social media channels, print, events, press releases, advertisements, website, displays, videos, podcasts, and merchandise).
- Processes Salesforce Marketing Cloud email requests and project manages digital marketing projects and campaigns (e.g., Graduate Insider blog and email products) and assists with other editorial projects (reports, brochures, invitations, etc.) for marketing purposes.
- Assists in building strategies for social media and email marketing as well as developing editorial and marketing content for social media channels, marketing emails and the Graduate Insider blog and newsletter.
- Works collaboratively with college staff to plan and implement digital outreach strategies for college events, programs, initiatives and new products that include measures of success.
- May assist with the coordination and management of production activities for marketing materials.
- Assists the Communications Specialist and the Director in building strategies for social media and email marketing to determine and reach target audiences.
- Serves as copywriter and proofreader for all types of digital communications for the Graduate College.
- Interfaces with and conducts regular interviews with faculty, key stakeholders, project leads/managers and team members to develop materials and content.
- Organizes and maintains project archival system to provide for ease of access and use.
- Coordinates outreach activities, programs and events including, but not limited to: conferences, presentations and lecture series.
- All other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications or closely related field and one year of related experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Marketing or/and communications experience.
- Experience writing content in different styles (news, blogs, social media updates, marketing copy, etc.).
- Experience building successful social media campaigns and growing social media channel engagement.
- Experience using email management software to build email marketing campaigns.
- Experience with reporting, editing and writing for the web.
- Experience using HTML and CSS for website and email editing.
- Video, audio and photography experience ideal.
- Experience with MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook).
- Experience in work that requires attention to detail and the ability to prioritize to meet competing deadlines.
- Experience with critical thinking/independent judgment in complex situations.
- Experience in communicating professionally.
- Experience in working both independently, and as a part of a team to achieve common goals.
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding, and manipulating a computer mouse (75%);
- Required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work (10%)
- Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds (15%)
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts
- Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential functions.
- Regular use of standard office equipment including, but not limited to: computer workstation/laptop (keyboard, monitor, mouse), printer, fax, calculator, copier, telephone and associated computer/technology peripherals
- Receives regular review of completed tasks for achievement of established objectives.
The ASU Graduate College works collaboratively across all colleges to promote and support the integrity, quality, and vitality of ASU graduate programs including master’s degrees, professional degrees, and doctoral degrees. Our goal is to ensure university-wide standards of academic excellence, access, and equity in graduate programs and to enhance the impact of ASU’s graduate students and graduate education within the state, national, and global arenas. Central to this vision is the enhancement of the diversity of ASU’s graduate population as well as the development of innovative transdisciplinary graduate programs across the university.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation’s fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/relocation-services.
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00 p.m. Arizona time on the date indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted. Attach Word or PDF documents, which include:
1. Cover letter
3. Three professional references (if not already supplied during the application process)
Please include all employment information in month/year format (ex: 6/88 to 8/94), and include job title, job duties, and name of employer for EACH position listed. Not providing this information could result in your application not being considered.
Cover letter and resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meet the minimum and desired qualifications stated in this requisition.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education (or 24 credit hours) is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
To apply please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs/ see Req Id# 71657BR
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.