Job Number: 97396
Department: SOM: Surgery: Admin
Campus Location (For Posting) : City
Discover Your Career at Emory University
Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
- Responsible for the integrated communication and promotion of divisional programs and services.
- Collaborates with others to develop and implement programs and communications materials for targeted audiences which enhance awareness and utilization of divisional programs and services.
- Creates effective promotional materials including articles, brochures, forms and flyers.
- Designs, oversees and updates a website to educate and to promote activities and programs; coordinates website with other related websites.
- May manage a budget.
- May assist in evaluating, measuring and responding to issues related to the quality of services provided.
- May conduct evaluations, surveys and focus groups to assist in quality improvement efforts.
- Researches constituents’ satisfaction with divisional programs and services.
- Develops reports and recommendations to sustain high quality.
- May supervise or provide direction to staff.
- Leads projects as assigned.
- Serves as an internal marketing consultant for programs and services.
- May be responsible for managing various aspects of social media activities.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
- A bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, marketing, art or other related field.
- Five years of experience in the development of marketing and informational materials, writing/research, project management and/or information technology.
- Additional related experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Knowledge of publishing and other related software.
- Demonstrated creativity in the design of marketing, public relations or educational programs and communications materials.
NOTE: This role will be granted the opportunity to work from home regularly but must be able to commute to Emory University on a flexible weekly schedule based upon business needs. Schedule is based on agreed upon guidelines of department of work. Emory reserves the right to change remote work status with notice to employee.
Emory Supports a Diverse and Inclusive Culture
To ensure the safety of our campus community, the COVID-19 vaccine is required. For more information on the University and Hospital policies and potential exemptions, please see our website.
Emory University is dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran’s status. Emory University does not discriminate in admissions, educational programs, or employment on the basis of any factor stated above or prohibited under applicable law. Students, faculty, and staff are assured of participation in University programs and in the use of facilities without such discrimination. Emory University complies with Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veteran’s Readjustment Assistance Act, and applicable executive orders, federal and state regulations regarding nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action. Emory University is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training. Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to the Emory University Department of Equity and Inclusion, 201 Dowman Drive, Administration Building, Atlanta, GA 30322. Telephone: 404-727-9867 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD).
Emory University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request a reasonable accommodation, please contact the Department of Accessibility Services at 404-727-9877 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD). Please note that one week advance notice is preferred.
To apply for this job please visit staff-emory.icims.com.