Job ID: 297731
Job SummaryDepartment Specific Responsibilities:
- Helps lead the Department’s efforts in social and digital media, brand-building, and photography.
- Manages assigned IU Athletics social media accounts, capture on-location and/or in-studio photography services, assist in editing photos, and develop brand strategy.
Provides support for photography projects which advance initiatives and uphold the image, reputation, and reach of the university via digital content across multiple platforms. Work may include additional duties in support of other functions or administrative needs.
- Captures on-location and/or in-studio photography services; develops, prints, and edits film and digital photographs for various marketing and communications needs, audiences, and platforms.
- Maintains photographic equipment, including photo lab equipment, lenses, lights, and cameras, inventory, and supply ordering; may perform basic equipment repairs, escalating complex issues to Photographer(s) or supervisor.
- Maintains file storage and familiarity with photo archive and may recommend photos for use in specific publications, websites, mailers, or marketing and communications campaigns.
- May schedule logistics for off-site photography services.
- May collaborate in broader marketing and communications project teams or committees.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 2 years of experience in a relevant field.
- Proficient communication skills.
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism.
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills.
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality.
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Highly thorough and dependable.
- Comprehensive digital and social media expertise and basic photography skills.
- Ability to recognize compelling stories, distribute and present them in a creative manner, and create professional post-production video content.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good, sound judgement in all communications and work with diverse individuals including members of the public, ticket buyers, fans, and alumni both independently and as part of a team.
Working Conditions / DemandsThis role regularly requires the ability to effectively communicate. This role frequently requires the ability to handle equipment. This role frequently requires the ability to remain stationary and ascend/descend ladders/stairs. This role requires the ability to move objects weighing up to 25 pounds. The role requires the ability to detect items in close proximity as well as far away; discern between colors; detect objects in peripheral space of self; discern items in detail; and to have good depth perception. The person in this role must be able to perform the essential functions with or without an accommodation.
Job ClassificationCareer Level: Intermediate
Job Function: Marketing & Communications
Job Family: Visual Communications
Equal Employment OpportunityIndiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment based on individual qualifications. Indiana University prohibits discrimination based on age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University’s Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.
Contact UsRequest Support
To apply for this job please visit hrms.indiana.edu.