The Manager, Content manages a team that produces web, video, photo and other digital and campaign assets. The Manager identifies opportunities to optimize the website and individual pages in order to engage consumers and meet acquisition targets for UVA Health’s digital and traditional platforms. The Manager should have strong direct response experience and expertise in creating content to engage and convert users.
Management responsibilities include direct supervision of content team members including writers, video producers and photographers. This role also manages content for digital service line campaigns, editorial projects and blogs. At times, this role will manage outside vendors and agencies to augment department resources.
The Manager should be an experienced writer, editor, strategic thinker and leader who thoroughly understands all forms of marketing communications, digital publishing, digital campaigns and team dynamics. This leader should have a good understanding of AI and UX across multiple mediums and be able to share that knowledge across the team.
As a member of the marketing team the Manager will interact with Marketing and Health System leadership, as well as service line leadership at various levels.
- Set strategy for marketing content across print, web, blogs, eNewsletters, video and other visual mediums.
- Manage, lead, and at time hire the content team and set team priorities and goals.
- Serve as primary content resource for other marketing and health system partners.
- Understand and translate service line needs into engaging content with a consistent goal of marketing conversion.
- Build actionable content that generates interest and help expose the elements that differentiate UVA Health.
- Work closely with the creative team on collateral, signage and internal displays.
- Establish an editorial vision and voice and drive consistency across sites and content.
- Develop and maintain style guide and best practice documents.
- Drive SEO for findability, as well as campaign optimization.
- Manage team projects and content work flows through Workfront.
- Define high value projects for the video and photo team and prioritize to goals.
- Develop a comprehensive analytics strategy for all content created and published.
Position Compensation Range: $93,142.40 – $149,032.00 Annual
Education: Bachelor’s degree (English, Journalism or Marketing preferred).
Experience: 10 or more years professional communications or writing experience.
Supervisory: A minimum of five years of management experience required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal sills, leadership and creativity.
- Expert, or near expert, level SEO, IA and UX skills
- Strong familiarity with major content management systems, such as WordPress and Drupal
- Strong familiarity with marketing lead acquisition practices.
- Strong analytics experience
- Healthcare and large organization experience a plus
This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require traveling some distance to attend meetings, and programs.
COVID Vaccination Requirement
Please visit this page prior to applying for current information regarding vaccination requirements for employment at UVA.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person’s perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.
To apply for this job please visit uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.