The Marketing Manager serves as the primary contact for multiple varsity athletic teams and/or department wide marketing projects at Boston University, an NCAA Division I institution and a member of the Patriot League and Hockey East. This position supports Marketing and Communications (MarCom) unit initiatives, in order to meet the external operations objectives of the department and assigned teams.
The selected candidate will:
- Think strategically to develop and execute engaging marketing and promotional plans
- Serve as game day lead for assigned sports on the delivery of engaging in-game entertainment that excites attendees such as in-game promotions and video board content
- Work collaboratively with a variety of groups to support management of projects such as community relations efforts, kids club, spirit squads, and social media strategy as assigned, while also helping to support oversight of student interns and game day employees.
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Marketing and Promotions, this position will be hired as a full-time position.
- B.A./B.S. with knowledge of and adherence to NCAA, conference and University rules and regulations required.
- One to three years of marketing, promotions, and/or community relations experience required, with graphic design familiarity a plus.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, etc.) preferred.
- Some nights and weekends are required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
To apply for this job please visit bu.silkroad.com.