University Advancement at James Madison University is accepting applications for the Associate Director of Enrollment Marketing position. This position will be a critical member of the Enrollment Marketing team, within the university’s Marketing and Branding department. The selected candidate for this new position will help expand and define the university’s advertising strategies, growing brand recognition across the country to assist with the recruitment of future students.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a paid digital marketing/advertising strategy to expand JMU’s reach on digital platforms (social media, search and display).
- Connect digital marketing campaigns with other forms of advertising, including print and out-of-home ads.
- Manage the Enrollment Marketing advertising budget and allocate funds to channels that are effective at reaching the intended audience.
- Track progress and metrics for all advertising campaigns and present updates to Marketing and Branding leadership.
- Brainstorm, build and create effective university ads with a clear message and call to action using brand tools, photo assets and video content.
- Work within the university’s CMS to design/create/write web content and build pages that support student recruitment efforts across campus.
- Consult with academic departments to assist in the management of a university web strategy that helps prospective students interact with JMU
- Manage the university’s digital interactive map and virtual tour platform. Coordinate with campus partners to maintain a digital map with a positive and effective user experience.
- Serve as a project manager for the enrollment marketing team to organize and efficient workflow with strong outcomes.
- Assist in the management of a content calendar and project timelines. Work with campus partners to find the best solutions for recruitment needs while meeting deadlines.
- Supervise Enrollment Marketing’s Content Strategist and match staff with assignments that are professionally and personally fulfilling while covering all needs of the department.
- Develop a system for tracking and sharing university accolades, rankings, lists and content that helps support the JMU story.
- Collaborate with every person on the Enrollment Marketing team to develop strategies that connect channels, are consistent in their message/tone, and positively impact enrollment goals.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with partners in Undergraduate Admissions, Graduate Admissions, and the School of Professional and Continuing Education.
- Develop innovative projects that increase the depth and breadth of engagement of prospective students via existing and emerging channels.
- Proactively scan industry trends and seek opportunities to test or adopt new communication and marketing strategies and tactics.
- Propose new communication concepts as appropriate.
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to manage and lead staff
- Innovative, creative and able to work in a dynamic environment
- Understanding of the fundamentals of traditional and digital marketing and communications
- Experience in direct management of digital marketing campaigns
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite applications (including Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and Premiere)
- Working knowledge of email marketing, web and social media
- Experience working in teams and across functional units
- Proficiency with technologies on multiple platforms
- Relevant experience in higher education, admissions or recruitment
- Bachelor’s degree
Pay Rate: Commensurate with ExperienceJames Madison University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer and especially encourages applications from minorities, women, and persons with disabilities.
James Madison University is committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive work and educational community that is free of all forms of discrimination. This institution does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, parental status, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status.
We promote access, inclusion and diversity for all students, faculty, staff, constituents and programs, believing that these qualities are foundational components of an outstanding education in keeping with our mission. The university is interested in candidates whose experience and qualifications support an ongoing commitment to this core quality.
Anyone having questions concerning discrimination should contact the Office for Equal Opportunity: (540) 568-6991.
To apply for this job please visit joblink.jmu.edu.