Present Position Number: 01222W
The Assistant Director of Marketing and Communications will be a dynamic member of the office, serving Business Services departments by implementing thoughtful marketing and communication projects and being a creative resource for messaging. The position will provide marketing and communications support and serves as a liaison between Auxiliary Services, Business Services and the greater campus community.
The Assistant Director supports the office by working to develop a strong identity through visual and written channels and supporting other assignments as needed. The Assistant Director will lead marketing and communication implementation across Business Services in the areas of visual and written communication, social media management, Trademark Licensing, website and other projects as assigned.
The position’s core responsibilities include:
- Communication – Write and edit copy for various departmental communications; manage internal and external websites.
- Marketing – Manage Business Services social medial accounts and monitor various media channels, organize and manage events that support the auxiliary units.
- Visual Support – Provide oversight and support for graphic design, working collaboratively to guide the visual identity of the units.
- Trademark Licensing – Support implementation of current policy and brand protocols.
Truly, no two days or projects will be the same. The Assistant Director essentially acts as a micro-agency, developing creative opportunities and outlets for the Business Services units.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Experience working in a marketing position with progressing responsibilities.
- Demonstrated experience and success producing thoughtful and compelling messaging for both web, print and social applications.
- Exceptional knowledge of visual, graphic and website design principles and the creative process.
- Strong computer proficiency with a variety of software applications, (specifically MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Demonstrated knowledge of marketing and social media best practices;
- Advanced writing and editing skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills with the demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with a diverse group of internal and external constituents;
- Master’s degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience
- Strong working knowledge of automated e-newsletter systems (e.g., Constant Contact);
- Demonstrated experience with elementary-level web development and maintenance;
- Ability to analyze web analytics;
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work with minimal oversight and manage multiple projects and relationships concurrently with fluidity;
- Knowledge of project management methodology and concepts including work on cross-functional teams.
- Previous experience working in higher education or higher education-related industries;
Advertised Pay Range
Commensurate with Experience
Job Close Date: 01/26/2022
Special Application Instructions
This position has been reopened all previous applications are still under consideration and do not need to reapply.
Under “Applicant Documents, Other Doc” Please provide Proof of work to include writing samples, portfolio, or other demonstration of work product
William & Mary values diversity and invites applications from underrepresented groups who will enrich the research, teaching and service missions of the university. The university is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and encourages applications from women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.wm.edu.