Assistant Director for Advancement Communications (Electronic Marketing)
Waco, TX, United States
Job Identification: 13686
Posting Date: 09/15/2022, 8:18 PM
Job Schedule: Full time
Locations: Waco, TX, United States
Degree Level: Bachelor
What We Are Looking For
The Assistant Director for Advancement Communications reports to the Associate Director for Advancement Communications. This position is responsible for developing and implementing the strategy that supports the success of University Advancement initiatives, including but not limited to philanthropy, alumni engagement, and campaign efforts. This position will primarily focus on electronic marketing for campaigns. The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Portfolio that shows ability in typography, layout, use of photography and color. Proficiency in a Macintosh-based graphic design environment, evidence of creative problem-solving and conceptualization skills, proven creativity in design of publications, brochures, fliers, posters and advertisements, etc.
- Experience in print production and HTML5/CSS
- Experience designing in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and other high-quality design software
- Previous experience in Advancement, Alumni Relations and/or Development, writing, event management or related field; experience in higher education fundraising
A Bachelor’s degree, three years of relevant experience, and an active Christian faith are required. A Master’s degree and five years of relevant experience are preferred. Experience will not be considered in lieu of the educational requirement and all candidates must be able to demonstrate eligibility to work in the United States.
What You Will Do
- Projects include creating emails, web sites, social media content and other electronic marketing materials that promote Advancement and Alumni events and effectively promote the brand of the University.
- Coordinate event communications from requests to production, editing/proofing and distribution serving as a design and project management resource for others.
- Assist with the development and effective implementation of a comprehensive electronic marketing plan that enhances Advancement and Alumni communications, specifically strengthening alumni, parent and friend connections to the University.
- Develop an ongoing plan for website maintenance and assist with website and social media design and content maintenance for Advancement/Alumni Relations
- Coordinate with University partners across the University, including Baylor Events, Marketing and Communications, internal partners in Advancement Communications and vendors to complete projects as necessary.
- Ability to comply with University policies
What You Can Expect
As part of the Baylor family, eligible employees receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, generous time off, tuition remission, and outstanding automatic retirement contributions. Baylor has a comprehensive benefits plan that supports you and your family’s wellbeing and allows you to be a part of the life of a vibrant and active college campus. To learn more go to Baylor Benefits & Advantages.
Explore & Engage
Baylor University is a private not-for-profit university affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, Baylor is committed to compliance with all applicable anti-discrimination laws, including those regarding age, race, color, sex, national origin, military service, genetic information, and disability. Baylors commitment to equal opportunity and respect of others does not undermine the validity and effect of the constitutional and statutory protections for its religious liberty, including, without limitation, the religious organization exemption under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the religious exemption to Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and the Free Exercise Clause of the First Amendment to the United States Constitution, among others. Baylor encourages women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. EEO/M/F/Vets/Disabled
To apply, visit https://ejof.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX/requisitions/preview/13686
To apply for this job please visit ejof.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com.