Note for Current UM Employees
Current employees must apply internally via connectU > connectu.olemiss.edu
Definition of Class
This position optimizes digital marketing strategies and serves as the lead strategist for all digital media platforms. The incumbent analyzes multiple sources of digital data related to advertising, earned media, campaigns, revenue and donations, and communicates findings to increase revenue and engagement.
Examples of Work Performed
- Identifies trends and monitors key performance indicators for athletics revenue and engagement.
- Manages website updating and design.
- Maintains dashboards and reporting modules.
- Serves as a liaison to data warehouse and automation partners.
- Analyzes complex sets of data and converts dense, statistical information into user-friendly graphs and reports.
- Provides lead generation services to outbound sales teams.
- Develops strategies and tactics for all digital media platforms, and conveys strategic vision to drive results.
- Provides advisement and makes recommendations in the development of multi media campaigns.
- Tracks and optimizes campaigns in real-time.
- Researches and recommends new technologies especially related to content delivery, ticketing, attendance and giving.
- Manages and monitors area budget and contributes to planning with revenue projections.
- Participates in developing guidelines and policies pertaining to digital media.
- Works closely with communications, video productions, and marketing staff to build a cohesive brand across all Ole Miss Athletics sport accounts as well as provide direction to various operatives.
- Ensures all assigned tasks are in compliance with department, University, Southeastern Conference, and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Performs related or similar duties as required or assigned.
These essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following. Additional essential
functions may be identified and included by the hiring department.
- Collects, analyzes and interfaces multiple sources of data related to athletics advertising, campaigns, revenue and donations.
- Designs predictive models for advertising campaigns, sales, donations and other athletics-related outcomes.
- Develops strategies and tactics for all digital media platforms.
Bachelor’s Degree in related field from an accredited college or university.
Three (3) years of experience related to the above described duties.
Related experience may be substituted for education, on a basis set forth and approved by the Department of Human Resources.
To learn more about our pay structure and view our salary ranges, click here to visit the Compensation page of our Human Resources website. This link is provided for general pay information. Hourly rate or salary may vary depending on qualifications, experience, and departmental budget. Note: Unclassified positions (faculty, executives, researchers and coaches) do not have established salary ranges.
The University of Mississippi provides equal opportunity in any employment practice, education program, or education activity to all qualified persons. The University complies with all applicable laws regarding equal opportunity and affirmative action and does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based upon race, color, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, citizenship, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information.
Background Check Statement
The University of Mississippi is committed to providing a safe campus community. UM conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.
Facility: Athletic Marketing (10000842)
To apply for this job please visit careers.olemiss.edu.