Website University of Phoenix
About The Position
An Account Specialist executes engagement strategies to create awareness of University of Phoenix product benefits that are developed for each business within an assigned account portfolio. An individual also coordinates community relations activities to support campus growth and create and maintain a favorable public image. An Engagement Specialist attends University-scheduled events and engages with potential students to understand their education needs and provide information about University of Phoenix and its ability to meet those needs.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with a National Account Manager and Account Executive Team for assigned markets to develop engagement strategies that are focused on scheduling, planning, promoting, and delivering on prospective student-facing activities to promote University of Phoenix as a leading provider of higher education for working adults and a career partner for life.
- Execute engagement strategies in assigned market and coordinate community relations activities to promote University of Phoenix and contribute to the University’s total and new degreed enrollment goals.
- Collaborate among Workforce Solutions (WFS) Group, Market teams, and other relevant internal stakeholders to find opportunities and deliver content that will expedite lead generation within assigned book of business.
- Develop thorough product and UOPX program knowledge to accurately explain program and product information to clients and their employees (potential students) within assigned book of business; establish an understanding of market and industry trends related to education and workforce development to better position solutions to meet client and their employees’ education needs.
- Utilize internal tools and databases, such as SalesForce.com (SFDC) and Zoom info, to research new account locations and stakeholders; and execute formulaic outreach campaigns to create new engagement opportunities.
- Maintain timely, accurate and thorough documentation of all activities, tasks, contacts, and account management in SFDC; appropriately utilize approved UOPX Marketing and client communication collateral.
- Travel to client events and/or community events and other public and/or one-on-one gatherings, when appropriate, to effectively manage account portfolios, increase visibility of the University’s focus, mission and programs to achieve growth targets; implement creative virtual engagement strategies in lieu of face-to-face client/student meetings when necessary.
- Be available to travel, including occasional overnight and/or weekends, as necessary to meet with clients, attend local community and other University-sponsored events.
- Perform other duties as assigned or apparent.
NOTE: The primary accountabilities above are intended to describe the general content and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Incumbents may perform all or most of the primary accountabilities listed above. Specific goals or responsibilities will be documented in the incumbents’ performance objectives as outlined by the incumbents’ immediate supervisor or manager.
Job Supervisory Responsibilities
Minimum Education And Related Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three (3) or more years of experience in customer service, business development and strategic account management with a record of high performance
- Solid knowledge of the higher education industry
- Experience with adult learning and development models
- Demonstrable competence in event planning public speaking, public relations, sales and marketing strategy development and implementation, including lead generation plans objectives
- Ability to quickly learn and assimilate knowledge of new products and education programs
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate professionally, persuasively and confidently over telephone, email, and in face-to-face and/or group appointments to accurately convey information and increase positive awareness of the University
- Highly organized with strong planning and time management skills coupled with an ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Strong problem solving, research and decision-making skills identify and address client needs
- Able to work collaboratively and effectively across departments, functions, cultures and time zones and with all levels of an organization
- Working knowledge and experience with Salesforce, Clearslide, MS Office, SharePoint and Outlook
As an Equal Opportunity employer, we particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
If you are an active-duty military member seeking employment when off-duty, compliance with Department of Defense Joint Ethics Regulation, 5500-7-R, is required prior to starting employment with University of Phoenix. You are advised to contact your base Judge Advocate General to seek such approval and answer any questions.
To apply for this job please visit uop.avature.net.